Explore the unique flora of Costa Rica from Rainforests to Chocolate production to Coffee Plantations.
- Upon arrival in Costa Rica once passing migrations, baggage claim and customs, you will get to the arrival exit where you will meet and greet with our representative (holding a sign bearing your name).
- Our guide will check with you your travel details, in case there is any doubt and will provide you with transportation to your hotel.
The drive from the airport to the hotel takes 35 minutes approximately. You will enjoy a welcome dinner at the hotel overlooking the city so you can catch up with your guide and go over the itinerary. Accommodation: Aurola Holiday Inn, standard rooms.
Meals included this day: Dinner at Aurola Holiday Inn
- Hotel Aurola Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown
- It is located downtown San José, just in front of Morazan Park, near the main attractions of the capital city. The hotel has 195 nicely decorated rooms, with excellent views of San José; the rooms are divided in different categories, including 8 Suites, 3 Junior Suites, one Presidential Suite and one room for disabled guests.
- All rooms have air conditioning, mini bar, cable TV, coffee maker, alarm clock, iron and iron board, telephone, voice message, hair dryer and bath tub. Executive Floor rooms have immediate access to the Excecutive Reception wich offers the following additional privileges: two-hour of free international calls, cel phone service, flight confirmation, international newspapers, scanner and photocopy service, fax machine, high speed internet access and snacks in the afternoon.
- Guests can choose among three different restaurant options: El Mirador, on the 17th floor, elegant and sophisticated, with an outstanding view of the Central Valley; Tropicana, well known for its delicious buffet breakfast, and La Palma Bar, on the mezzanine, overlooking the lobby and the Morazan Park. Other facilities included are indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, beauty parlor, souvenirs shop, laundry service, 24 hour room service, money exchange and free parking lot. The hotel has six meeting and events rooms that can accommodate up to 350 people.
- Departure after breakfast to the Internationally recognized for its noteworthy collections of epiphytes, the Lankester Botanical Garden. Established in 1973 as a center for the exhibition, conservation and research of tropical epiphytic plants, with a special interest in orchids. On 11 hectares, the field collections, collections in greenhouses and secondary forests host over 3,000 species of plants. The plant collections in conservatories come from botanical expeditions, donations, and exchanges with botanical institutions throughout the world. Most of the plants with reliable data as to origin have been collected and the associated information is added to the inventory and a database. They are also used as a basis for creating other reference collections such as flowers in liquid, dehydrated tissue for genetic material analysis, seeds, pollinaria, and other uses. The plant collections cultivated in conservatories are an essential resource for the Garden's researchers and researchers from other institutions that work on joint projects. They also provide useful material for public display and other educational purposes.
- We will continue to Sibu Chocolate where you will enjoy a chocolate tasting tour and later lunch before heading to the cloud forest area of San Gerardo de Dota, a nature lovers paradise.
- Like a wine tasting but with chocolate, Sibú’s Tasting Tour weaves culture, history and good humour into a lively presentation about chocolate and its role in Costa Rica’s pre-Columbian past and economic development. Sibú’s owners and Master Chocolatiers welcome guests on this journey of the senses. It all starts with a sampling of fresh cacao fruit and roasted cocoa beans. You'll then try an indigenous hot chocolate recipe from the 1500s before savouring dark chocolate squares and classic European-style bonbons made on the premises. Sibú is known for pairing unusual ingredients that will deepen your passion for chocolate and change how you experience this veritable “food of the gods.”
- We will head back to the hotel for a couple of hours at leisure before departing near sunset to La Garita Botanical Orchid Gardens where we will take the tour and enjoy a Costa Rican style dinner. Accommodation: Aurola Holiday Inn, standard rooms. Meals included this day: Breakfast at the hotel, lunch at Sibu and dinner at La Garita Botanical Gardens
- Departure right after breakfast to Arenal stopping by La Paz Waterfall Gardens, a private reserve of more than 70 acres (28 hectares) that features five waterfalls, safe hiking trails and an animal rescue center among other interesting attractions. The property allows visitors to wander through 2 miles of paved trails which take them to the amazing waterfalls being La Paz Waterfall the most famous. Guests are afforded views from platforms above, below and in front of the falls for great photo opportunities. Other attractions include the Hummingbird Garden that hosts 26 different species of hummingbirds, the Butterfly Garden and on site laboratory where visitors will have the opportunity to observe the most colourful species of butterflies while learning about the lifecycle and metamorphosis of these beautiful creatures, the Serpentarium with over 30 of the most beautiful and deadly snakes of the country including the Golden Eyelash Viper, the ranarium where frogs roam freely throughout a landscaped enclosure taken care by knowledgeable guides & La Casita de la Paz which is an ancient Costa Rican farmhouse reproduction that gives a cultural insight into the lives of rural Costa Ricans. The park has also a refuge for wild birds and felines that come from a center that lost funding and had to close and since the MINAE (the Costa Rican Ministry of the Environment) did not have the resources to care for these animals, they were placed under the care of La Paz Waterfall Gardens. The cats were either very old, injured or had been exposed to humans for too long to be released back into the wild. Many of the birds have been either captured illegally by hunters and confiscated by the government or donated by their owners and lack the basic skills to survive in the wild on their own.
- After the visit we will enjoy a delicious Costa Rican lunch before departing to La Fortuna de San Carlos, home of the impressive Arenal Volcano. You will have the rest of the day at leisure to enjoy the pool, dinner will be served at the hotel. Accommodation: Magic Mountain Hotel, standard rooms. Nights: 2 Meals included this day: Breakfast at Aurola Holiday Inn, lunch at La Paz and dinner at Magic Mountain
- Hotel Magic Mountain Located in La Fortuna, at only 3 Km away the downtown area, Hotel Magic Mountain offers 36 comfortable and spacious Standard rooms and six Junior Suites with either a balcony or a terrace with an excellent view of Arenal Volcano. All rooms have air conditioning, telephone, cable television, safety box, coffee maker, hair dryer and wireless Internet access. Two rooms have been specially equipped to welcome disabled guests. The hotel has a nice restaurant offering an international cuisine, Sport Bar, swimming pool and wet bar for adults and a wading pool for children, Jacuzzi and a fully-equipped meeting and reception room that can accommodate up to 300 persons. The Spa has four rooms, Jacuzzi and Sauna and offers a soothing array of services including massages, facials, waxing and body treatments. Free parking is available. Smoking is not allowed in the rooms.
- Located within the corridor followed by birds migrating between North and South America, the trails and bridges of this project will bring the visitor as close as any person could ever imagine observing the birds, the flowers and the lush vegetation of the primary rainforest. It is a 250-hectares primary forest property, made of paths and bridges built to maintain the utmost harmony between man-made structures and nature. The property has impressive views to Arenal Volcano and to the lake that feeds the largest hydroelectric plant in Costa Rica. This walk is a fun and educative option to learn more about the forest and the local environment and enjoy the close contact with nature. While walking along the trails, the fascinating world of the tropical forest will open to you. Along these three kilometres of trails, visitors will be immersed in the diverse fauna and flora of this rainforest admiring colourful birds and tropical plant species. More than 50 bird species can be count at this site that offers one of the most productive bird watching walks of the region. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- We will enjoy lunch before heading to the Don Juan farm for an amazing and educative tour that starts with your specialized guide telling you about coffee’s national history and its importance in Costa Rica’s development while learning other aspects of Costa Rican culture and some of the traditions that characterized the country. You will get to see all the processes that it takes to make one cup of coffee and of course have a tasting session. The second part of this tour is the famous chocolate tour. You will have an experience between aromas and history. During this delicious tour you will participate in the chocolate process, by enjoying, sharing and tasting the cocoa´s fruit and all the process that it passes until its magnificent transformation. Equally during this tour you will learn the whole process of the seed´s transition to pure and ground cocoa.
- We will take you back to the hotel for some time at leisure before heading to the surroundings of La Fortuna Waterfall to join Chef Scott Alan and his local chefs for a fun and entertaining evening of Costa Rican cooking while learning how to make delicious tropical dishes and cocktails, like mint mojitos and fresh ceviche. Enjoy amazing views of Volcano Arenal in a "Pura Vida" atmosphere and a delicious dinner while sipping all-you-can-drink cocktails.
- Accommodation: Magic Mountain Hotel, standard rooms. Meals included this day: Breakfast at Magic Mountain, lunch at Mistico and dinner at Costa Rica Cooking restaurant
- Departure after breakfast to explore the Arenal Volcano National Park. Located 15 kilometres from Fortuna in the northwest part of Costa Rica, between the foothills of the Cordillera de Tilaran mountain range and the San Carlos plains, Arenal Volcano National Park is one of the most visited destinations in the Northern Zone. Several trails—Heliconias, Coladas, Tucanes and Los Miradores—allow observation of much of the park’s flora and fauna, as well as the remains of lava tracts. The park covers a 12,124-hectare area.
- We will take you back to the hotel to collect your luggage before departing to the area of Tenorio and Miravalles, specifically to Rio Celeste where we will spend the next couple of nights. There is going to be a stop for lunch on the way and the rest of the day will be at leisure to relax by the pool and enjoy the jacuzzies. Dinner will be at the hotel. Accommodation: Rio Celeste Hideaway, bungalows. Nights: 2 Meals included this day: Breakfast at Magic Mountain, lunch at local restaurant on the way and dinner at Rio Celeste Hideaway
- Hotel Rio Celeste Hideaway
- Rio Celeste Hideaway is located in the middle of the forest, near the main entrance to the Tenorio Volcano National Park. The hotel can be reached in an hour and a half drive from the Arenal Volcano. Each of its 26 spacious casitas has a private patio with outdoor shower, one King or two Queen Beds, a 32” LED TV, a DVD player and European Spa bath toiletries. There are two different types of bungalows: The Forest Bungalows, that feature a spacious bathtub and shower and the Suites that feature a private Jacuzzi. The hotel also has two bungalows for handicapped people. All these are designed for “non-smoking” guests, and can accommodate a maximum of 3 adults or, 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years. The “Kantala Restaurant” offers international and national cuisine. Also, they have the “Cantina Delirio” and the “Luna Azul” wet bar. Rio Celeste Hideaway it’s a perfect place for honeymoons, or for celebrates weddings or anniversaries. Further, during the stay at this place is recommended to do the guided walk in Tenorio Volcano National Park and to the Rio Celeste waterfall, if the guest would like to enjoy the natural wonders of the zone.
- Departure after breakfast to explore the Tenorio National Park, located in the volcanic mountain range in Guanacaste and is home to lowland mountain rain forests, tropical wet forest, and the very wet premontane forest. Its highest point measures 6,289 ft. above sea level. Some of the more prominent plant species include palm trees, ferns, bromeliads, and orchids. White-faced monkeys, anteaters, pumas, tapirs, and peccaries as well as exotic bird species like trogons and the three-wattle bellbird are sighted here. We will have the chance to visit the Celeste River one of the most spectacular rivers in Costa Rica due to its light blue colour - the result of sulphur mixed with calcium carbonate – that attracts the attention of nationals and foreigners alike, earning a unique place in the classification of Costa Rica's natural wonders.
- Accommodation: Rio Celeste Hideaway, bungalows. Meals included this day: Breakfast & dinner Rio Celeste Hideaway, lunch at local restaurant
- Departure in the middle of the morning back to San José for some last-minute shopping or sightseeing, should the group prefer, we can organize a walking tour around the most important landmarks. At night we will enjoy the farewell dinner at Mirador Tiquicia Restaurante. Located in San Antonio de Escazú, Mirador Tiquicia is a magical and unforgettable place - a traditional farmhouse with 150-year-old tiles awaits to offer you a genuine Costa Rican ambiance where you will be able to sample local food together with national drinks served in the kitchen area. Besides, the Tica Night show - a typical dance presentation - takes place during your stay while you enjoy amazing views of the entire Central Valley.
- Accommodation: Aurola Holiday Inn, standard rooms Nights: 1 Meals included this day: Breakfast at Rio Celeste Hideaway, lunch in a local restaurant on the way and dinner at Mirador Tiquicia
- Today we will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to the international airport on time to board your flight. We wish you a safe and pleasant flight back to your home. ¡Hasta pronto!