Turkey is that hidden gem that should be on everybody’s bucket list. Not only is Istanbul the only city that straddles two continents, and home to the world’s largest shopping center, clocking an impressive 4500 stores, but it boasts some of the most captivating scenery to boot. There’s a reason Cappadocia is known for breathtaking hot air balloon rides over ancient volcanic formations. Or the hundreds of secret churches and beehive homes carved into the side of soft rock. Or maybe just maybe it’s the idyllic connection from the Orient to Europe. We’re sure the only regret you’ll have when you come is not staying longer.
Land to Istanbul Airport
- Breakfast at leisure
- Morning Program: A Roman & Byzantine Morning!Visits to legendary Hagia Sophia, the church turned mosque turned museum from year 537; Şerefiye Cistern, the newly renovated 1500 year old Roman water cistern; Byzantine Hippodrome and surprise visit to the secret underground palaces underneath!
- Lunch Options: * Matbah Restaurant* Four Seasons Sultanahmet Afternoon Program: An Oriental Ottoman AfternoonVisits to the blue marvel that is Sultanahmet Mosque and one of the best preserved and longest inhabited Royal Palaces of the World Topkapı Palace. The visits will include ornamental Harem (Ladies) section and the imperial jewelry.Welcome Dinner Suggestions;Ruby Restaurant & Club – top levelStyle: Modern DiningCuisine: International
- Private Area: Top levelSpecialty: Spectacular ViewsLocation: Ortakoy on the Bosphorus; Sunset Cruise on the Bosphorus Lacivert Restaurant – PDRStyle: Modern Dining on Bosphorus SeafrontCuisine: International
- Private Area: Private Dining RoomSpecialty: Spectacular Views & private pier
- Location: Asian side on the Bosphorus
- Breakfast and Early Morning
- Flight To Cappadocia
- Transfer to CCR HOTEL
- Sight seeing tour; Goreme Open Air Museum and Uchisar – a castle in the rockThe Goreme Open-Air Museum resembles to a vast monastic complex composed of scores of refectory monasteries placed side-by-side, each with its own fantastic church. It is obviously the first sight to be visited by any traveler in Cappadocia. The open air museum contains the finest of the rock-cut churches, with beautiful frescoes (wall paintings) whose colors still retain all their original freshness. It also presents unique examples of rock hewn architecture and fresco technique. The Goreme Open Air Museum has been a member of UNESCO World Heritage List since 1984, and was one of the first two UNESCO sites in Turkey.
- Lunch at Old Greek House – Eat Like a Local www.oldgreekhouse.com
- Located in the village of “Sinanos”, this used to be a home for a family from Salonika in the 19th century.Now it is a well-known restaurant that presents the best examples of the local food cooked by local ladies (“moms” of the family cook the food and it is served family style).We could be seated in the lovely courtyard where guests will enjoy lunch at standard tables (weather permitting), or We could use upper halls in the house and experience lunch at traditional low tables as the villagers did in the olden days. Optional Activities: Pottery Making Gondola Tour Wine Cellery VisitEveningZelve Valley Mapping ShowDinner at Elai – Private BalconyThe building of the restaurant, before gaining its actual form, was used as a local coffee shop where the men would wile away many hours gossipping and drinking strong Turkish tea from tulip shaped glasses. Before that it was a "Guve Hamami", a place where a prospective groom and the male members of his wedding party would meet to prepare for his wedding.Elai Restaurant also has an open air roof terrace with extensive views of the Cappadocia area. Situated on the lower slopes of the Uchisar Castle, the terrace overlooks Pigeon Valley, Red Valley and Goreme. Watching over you from a distance is the snow-covered peak of Erciyes (Argeus) Mountain.
- HOT AIR BALLOONING
- This is one of the 100 things that you should do in this life. Balloon riding is amazing in that region, the deep canyons and lush fertile valleys provide the balloons with an ideal playground for a unique and memorable flight, gentle winds carry you over places that could never be reached except by balloon. Starting at sunrise the ride offers the ideal time for photography, with splendid colours and contrasts.As the balloon ride start with sunrise, it will be an early bird activity.
- TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT FOR THE FLIGHT TO ISTANBUL
- AFTER BREAKFASTVISIT OF THE GYPSY SCHOOL ON THE WAY FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
- Children of Sulukule The Roma children of Istanbul have been displaced and are disadvantaged when it comes to access to education and healthcare. Though they are both provided free of charge (and that education is mandatory for 12 school years) they are forced to work on the streets by selling simple good like tissues or cleaning windshields. Various Associations in the area help these children by providing them with special support when it comes to education and providing them shelter from street work. Another Association assists them through encouragement and training to be Roman Musical Artists for Roma music is unique and popular.They have a Children’s Choir – they are being tried to be keptWe will think of ways to help them – Every small item to be brought as a gift.They will perform a concert for the group and we will sit & talk ...Like An Ottoman Royal Gala Dinner;Les Ottomans – Library Room
- History: Historic Ottoman MansionStyle: Ottoman Imperial & Art Nouveau
- Specialty: Sumptuous Interiors & amazing views
- Location: Kurucesme District
- Like A Byzantine Royal Gala
- Dinner;Private Visit to Chora Church &Chef’s table at Asitane
- RestaurantHistory: Historic Mansion in the Garden of Chora ChurchStyle: Ottoman Imperial
- Specialty: Best imperial cuisine & stunning settingLocation: Old Town
Departure transfer to the airport. Farewell to Turkey
Inquire about tour